2008/08/22

What should I write about today?

I am sorry to my readers for not posting in a while.  No doubt you have all deleted this page from your bookmarks and I am now just writing for the pleasure of the vast almost intelligent internet.

Have you ever gotten a song stuck in your head?  Not even something someone was singing, not something from the radio, just a song that started playing inside your brain and wouldn't stop?  I had this experience a while back.  Remember Michigan J. Frog?  He was the singing/dancing frog in Warner Brothers cartoons.  He was a one hit wonder-his only hit was an old song called "Hello, Ma Baby".  Here is the chorus:

Hello! ma baby, Hello! Ma honey, Hello! ma ragtime gal.
Send me a kiss by wire, baby my heart's on fire!
If you refuse me, Honey, you'll lose me, then you'll be left alone;
Oh baby, telephone and tell me I'm your own.
Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello there.
By the way, the best way to get rid of a song in your head is to give it to someone else.  Sorry.

Here are some links:
One of my sillier posts, to be sure, but I have been meaning to post this one for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My GF once had the KISS song "I Was Made For Loving You" stuck in her head, and then proceeded to share the chorus with me.

Gee, thanks.

If it were "Shout It Out Loud" instead, I would not have minded. However, "IWMFLY" seems to be the one KISS song she really likes.

Equalitist said...

Fortunately, even after reading the chorus that you so helpfully typed up for us, the song is notstuck in my head. Had it been, I probably would have called you just to sing it back to you.